Last updated: July 15, 2022
The personal information we may collect via the Application depends on whether you make in-app purchases and/or register an account. Creating an account is not required to use ZineLit. It is entirely optional. If you choose not to register an account, we do not collect your personal information. The following points explain how your information is handled:
A username and email address that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Application, such as sending feedback, responding to surveys, and registering so that you can use purchases across platforms and devices. If you choose to share personal information by identifying yourself as the author of a Zine, disclosing personal matters, or describing private details in the content of a Zine that you shared, please be advised that any Zine uploaded to the internet can potentially become public and your data could be accessible to anyone with access to your Zines. We are not responsible for the personal information you may include in your Zines.
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device's camera, storage and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
Information from third parties, such as your email address, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Application permission to access this information.
Creating an account or register using social sign-in enables us to keep a record of your purchases. This could be useful to you, for instance, if you change devices and would like to restore your in-app purchases on the new device. However, we respect our users' privacy, so we make this optional. You could, for instance, purchase a remove-ads package and not register, and the functionality of the Application will remain the same on the device where the purchase took place. If you do opt to register, though, then having accurate information about you, such as your email address, permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Application to:
• Create and manage your account.
• Email you regarding your account or order, such as sending you purchase receipts or password reset emails.
• Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Application.
• Increase the efficiency and operation of the Application.
• Notify you of updates to the Application.
• Offer new products, services, mobile applications, and/or recommendations to you.
• Perform other business activities as needed.
• Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
• Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
• Process payments and refunds.
• Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Application.
• Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
• Respond to product and customer service requests.
• Send you a newsletter.
• Solicit support for the Application.
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve non-personalized ads when you visit the Application. These companies may use contextual information in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
• Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Tool
• Google Analytics Opt-Out Plugin
• Google Ads Settings Page
• Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out Tool
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser's cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
The Application is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Account Information You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
• Contacting us using the contact information provided below
• Using the “forgot password” feature to change your password
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and/or comply with legal requirements.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by contacting us using the contact information provided below If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Application, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data. To request removal of your account, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure to remove the account you create, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
• Consent: You have given your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
• Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
• Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
• Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
• Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
• Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the us.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
• Request access to your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information we have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist You. This also enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about You.
• Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Object to processing of your Personal Data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
• Request erasure of your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
• Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with You.
• Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your Personal Data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the Application.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, we will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.